View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 12:02 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Lyoness
Night owl

Hey nonsensical, I just posted something similar in the substance abuse section. I had a three day slip, used morphine and my beloved oxy (which I stole of course) and when I went to "borrow" more oxy today, found it gone. At first I was upset and heartbroken. Then I started to finally wake up.

And I am so grateful that oxy wasn't there and my sense came back! For me, I could feel the slip coming. I'd been thinking about using for a couple of weeks and this time I just felt like I didn't care if I did. I didn't care about my recovery anymore. So when the opportunity came, I took it.

I'm glad this happened though because it gave me the chance to remember why I don't want to use anymore. I didn't get the "high" I wanted but I got to remember the bad stuff: the night sweats, the instant withdrawals and cravings for more, the way the desire to use can overpower me in an instant and make me throw away my recovery.

And most importantly, that I AM an addict with a serious disease and if I don't take it seriously it will seriously take me to my death.

So, time for day one again and renewed dedication to our recoveries!