View Single Post
Old 12-16-2004, 09:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Peaches04

This is a good question! I have struggled with my AH working, not working for years! I finally told him a few weeks ago that he is going to be responsible for X amount of our bills and whatever is left, he can spend and open his own account - and I will do the same. He gets money from his parents for his b-day and Xmas, so he is set for a while, but when it runs out....if he doesn't have the money, than I'm not giving him sh** (sorry). when he gets desperate enough, he can find a job. I will get a divorce if he can't make his ends of the bills. I've been very clear about that. If I were you, I would absolutely tell him no. If you want to pay for his gas, I'd go with him to the gas store. I'd give him a grocery list and exactly the amount of money necessary to get what's on the list, and the first time he blew it - that would be it! I've made my AH give me back all our credit cards too. At one point in time, I thought about getting my AH one of those 7-11 cards (for coffee or a coke or whatever) and pre-paying for like $20 a month, and that being all I would give him. it hasn't come to that, but if it does - I might do that, but I might not. These days of him using my money for beer while he sits around on his arse, are over!