View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 01:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
AnvilheadII

Would you all just not wake him up even though you know that missing a day of work will make it hard to pay bills?

i'd suggest taking a few steps back here - easier to see the slightly bigger picture. obviously right now paying bills ON TIME, retaining employment and meeting obligations is FAR MORE important to you than to him. that's called relying on the unreliable.

only you can decide if this is a deal breaker or to just deal with it.

now sidenote here....i'm the family alarm in our house - thank hormones and years of not sleeping well past about 2am, and rarely do we NEED to have an alarm set!!! i get up 15 minutes before "get up" time to get the world's slowest coffee pot brewing, then dive back in bed for that last glorious 15 minutes. then we are both up....if hank doesn't arise right away, i'll check on him - he can fall RIGHT back to sleep sometimes, but not often. every once in a while i do wish he'd get his butt out of bed first and get the coffee going...hell he's usually up at 6am and making coffee on the weekends! but i'm awake anyways, even if i don't want to be, and i'd certainly wake up if he was banging around, so it's just one of those things I DO, mostly voluntarily! LOL i cannot guarantee i am always in a cheerful pleasant demeanor but i try the best i can at 4:25AM!!!

i also pack his lunch. CAN HE? yes. WILL he? probably not, it's a full time job just getting dressed, evidently!! plus it's way less expensive and with his body type (lean) and his job (masonry construction) if he doesn't eat well his blood sugars go nuts and then we have a MESS on our hands!!!! so the extra stuff i put in his lunch box that he wouldn't get during a dash to some fastfood/takeout joint goes a long way to his overall state of being....meaning what i get to deal with when he gets home!!!! happy, balanced, stable guy OR cranky ADD guy?

so back to you. you have options. cuz it's not really HIS behaviors that are driving you nuts....it's YOUR behaviors. which you are in total control of.