View Single Post
Old 12-16-2004, 07:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Peaches04

Hi Brat..I don't know why he would do that. One thought I have with my AH is that he just isn't in a "comfortable" space when things are going well. it's almost like he doesn't think he deserves good things and happiness, so he subconciously sabotages them. That's probably just the psychologist in me coming out, but I honestly believe that. Either that, or that things get going so well - like gonzo said - maybe he just thought he could handle it. I'm so sorry - this is such an insdedious disease - just when things seem like they are going to be okay, WHAM! something like this happens. That's is why I think everyone keeps driving home the fact that we have to take care of ourselves, and that may mean "letting go" or leaving behind someone we love. Again, I'm so sorry sweetie - just remember that you didn't cause this, and his bad behavior is no reflection on you and be sure and talk to your daughter and make sure she understands it has nothing to do with her either. This is his mess, let him clean it up. I wouldn't even help pay for is attorney's fees, etc... maybe some time in the pokey will give him time to think about his life and how he wants it to be. And don't feel guilty or bad about hating his behavior or him right now - that is completely normal and i would too! I say this because when my AH screws up, I get so angry at him, and then I feel guilty like I should be supportive and caring during his hard time. I seem to forget it was self-induced and is ruining my life too! Hang in there honey!