Thread: update
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 07:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Tuffgirl

Well. *shaking my head*

It was coming - I think a lot of us saw this in your future.

So let me ask you again, pointedly. Are you making plans now to get as far away from this backwards hillbilly town? Are you armed? Taking self defense classes (a la Jennifer Lopez in 'Enough' (Enough (2002) - IMDb) which seems rather appropriately titled right now.

Seriously - WTBH - I sense huge danger here and you seem to be worried about your daughters and their emotions. Which is all good, of course, but what about your own safety? This man can kill you in a heartbeat, and not even realize it because he is completely out-of-control. It happens all the time, hon. Especially when he is being backed up by other men for his behavior.

A restraining order is great - another paper trail - but it won't prevent him from violating it, and all he needs is a minute or two and *bam* you are no longer a problem for him. Desperation makes already angry men do crazy things, especially if they are under the influence of a substance.

Please talk with someone about this. Take whatever necessary (and even crazy sounding) steps you need to take to protect yourself. Sure, worry about your kids emotional well-being, but put your own oxygen mask on first so you can continue to be a good Mother for a long, long time.