Old 05-07-2013, 04:54 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Lulu39

Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
After at first being distressed about the all the lies, and winding up in Alateen, my 10 year old daughter and I started laughing and calling it 100 Lies in 100 Days. I guess all the lying was Mrs. Hammer's way of coping with her Eating Disorder being taken away.

Finally our daughter and I got smart and prayed that God would remove all the Lies and Evil from our home. About two days later, Mrs. Hammer got a job (she is an MS Social Worker) at a Long Term Rehab Center working with chronic relapsers. She is gone about 60 hours a week. My daughter mused about that and said -- now all the lying is gone from our home. She has some wicked dark humor.

Mrs. Hammer is now telling me that the chronic relapsers she is working with -- first thing she busts and hammers them on is lying. Daughter and I roll on the floor laughing over that one. Mrs. Hammer was also telling me that she met the owner of the operation last week and he called her a liar twice in the conversation. He was joking . . . but no he was not. God does really funny and good work when we ask and let Him.
Your 10 year old daughter mocks her mother and you join in and laugh about it with the 10 year old. Can you explain to me how this is evidence of a healthy marriage and family life? I am not seeing it.

I genuinely am curious as to what makes you believe this is emotionally healthy.