View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 02:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Natom
Not Alone

Natom Has One Year Clean

Well I've only gone and done it. I picked up my glow in the dark chip last week from my home group. And today I have 366 days clean. Jesus 366 'Just For Todays'. In all honestly I never thought I would make it this far. When I came into recovery I had relapse after relapse and the thought of stopping using and staying stopped seemed inconceivable to me. But I got here one day at a time using NA and SR.

The last year has been the best year of my life. I've still had ups and downs. When you get into recovery your life doesn't change overnight. But it DOES CHANGE. It just needs a great deal of effort, willingness and honesty on your part. If you put the same amount of effort into your recovery as you did into your using then you're on the right track.

I've just got back from an extremely powerful meeting with an absolutely brilliant speaker. It was an interesting crowd. Several newcomers reminding me why I needed to be there, and keeping me clean. Someone with 1 day clean can help someone with 12 hours. Someone who's not clean but turns up to a meeting can help someone with 15+ years. It's the joy of recovery.

It doesn't really matter how you do it as long as you stay clean and/or sober. This is my method and it works for me. Find what works for you and you will be golden.

Thanks,

Natom.