Thread: Bad night
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 07:38 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
lastchance24

Alco,

I can COMPLETELY relate to you right now. If you go back and read some of my previous posts you will see that I came here for EXACTLY the same reason. My drinking has lead to my fiancee leaving me. She left me April 11th, and we were supposed to get married May 11th of this year (this saturday). It completely CRUSHED me to begin with, and it still hurts like hell! I don't think it's going to get any easier anytime soon, however the bottom of the bottle won't make it easier either. For some reason it took the loss of my fiancee to realize I'm an alcoholic...pretty sad! However I have come to realize that she had no idea who I was because I was hiding the drinking for our whole relationship. She had no idea the extent of my problems. It's not fair to drag someone you love into a relationship like that. Now I don't know the extent of your drinking, but mine got to the point of almost drinking daily. I have had ZERO contact with her since she found me passed out and walked out of my life. It's gotten slightly easier day by day, however it will be a roller coaster. I won't go into a whole lot more detail here, but if you want to talk please feel free to PM me at any time.

Good luck and keep coming back here. There is a lot of support!