View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 12:12 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Yogiebare

Exclamation Ring Ring!

Here's an important announcement!

This is my 14th day without alcohol.

I had Friday Saturday and today off work. It was very hard to keep to my commitment at times. Friday was very stressful but I managed to get some long overdue stuff done that I'd been procrastinating about.

The weather has been lousy. I put out the bird feeder and enjoy watching the action.

A few things that help take away the need to drink, in my experience:
eating
writing
reading
exercise
meditation

I try not to stay online too long, maybe just being restless. My spouse is a phone call away. She does not know I have stopped drinking, and no clue how much I used to drink.

My friend, a co-worker I met several years ago, had a couple of DUIs and it really put a strain on her health and career. She was very lucky she wasn't killed because she was way over the limit (0.25). I met up with her a month ago, while I was still drinking the straight shots of 151 rum, vodka and etc. We went to dinner and I kind of expected her to have a drink, but she told me she has been dry for quite a while. At the time, I felt sorry for her. But only a few weeks later, I am starting to understand her determination to stay quit.

Ring ring!! A successful weekend and I earned it. Great to see so many others doing well. Onward and upward together!