View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 07:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
soberhope1984

So Sick of Being Sick

I do not want this to be taken wrong, neither am I seeking medical advice. I am here cause I am still a 'new-comer' to recovery. Maybe I am just understanding I am an absolute failure at this.

Went to docs first time with abdominal pain, was prescribed levsin (sp?) which I took for a little while, without drinking. A couple weeks later I woke up feeling like I was dieing, so I asked my dad to take me to ER on his way to work. Which basically I told them I was a heavy drinker, and only thing offered to me was 'heartburn meds' and a referral to local ADSAC (Alcohol abuse ppl). I just can not seem to get any help in the right direction. Yeah, I liked to drink... but realized it has become a problem.

Now I am stuck with constantly being in pain, or drinking that pain away. I don't want to have to do this, BUT TRUST me I have been looking for a regular doctor to see... since like last year, with no luck. Everyone I call is already over-booked.

I was a patient at mental health in my community, and even admitted I was using alcohol to kill myself (at one point), but when they hear the word alcohol as a means... they just label me dependent. I even admitted this at the ER my last visit, but was barely diagnosed (only there long enough to get my BP and Vitals in check, then released).

I guess I am venting in a way, because in my area... I do not see the point in being honest with a doctor anymore. I mean maybe that stop-and-doc I seen, I could have been a little more honest, but the ER... I think they gave me a LFT, but they never disclosed nothing to me... just I had alcoholic gastroenteritis (sp?).

I hate my state.