Thread: Making it.
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 05:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LoveIsTheDrug

Making it.

Salutations, I'm new to the forum & am praying this is the website is the right one so my doc doesn't get mad at me. It's sad that everyone, even my Dr. has to find out that I'm not very reliable. Eh...
Moving on to my story. I've tried every drug imaginable since the age of 15. The only ones I've become addicted to are the opiates. Perhaps because I've had a hard life, & as a girl on TV described the feeling they induce: "They make any feelings of sadness, guilt, or pain just melt away." It's true, but I have children who depend on me. As much as I hate it, I have to grow up & not be selfish. If I don't know how to make it through life without using drugs as a crutch, how would I ever be able to teach my children? They depend on me to raise them into whole human beings that can rely on themselves. They are worth more to me than feeling good.
First, I used Lortabs. That drove me to Oxycontin, and left me using Methadone to try to get off the Oxys, which made me addicted to the Methadone. I hit a bottom & got on Suboxone a.s.a.p. I've used it before & consider it a miracle drug. It stops any cravings, & makes me feel normal without getting me high. The only reason I failed with it in the past is because I concentrated so hard on staying sober, that I didn't realize the state of my mental health had gone down hill, nearly to a point of hospitalization. Now that I know what I did wrong, I've been doing great this time around. I have a great doctor, a nutty yet effective counselor, & all the moral support I could ask for. I will conquer this. Mark my words.
When I have more time, I'll do my best to try & help some of you others with your questions. As of now, my computer time is very limited. Enjoy your day, to whoever reads this.