Thread: Warm days
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 12:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
pattyj

Warm days

I live in Washington and our days are finally turning out to be somewhat nice. One those nice days I used to drink Sangria and good beer. I saw an ad for World Market yesterday in the paper and felt so sad that I couldn't go get my favorite Sangria. I don't think that I can even walk into that store either.

My first day at a chemical dependancy program is today. I am very happy to get started because AA and this website was just not doing enough for me to stay sober. I know it's on my shoulders to stay sober but I needed something more.

I have drank just about everywhere. Besides staying at home, where it is completely alcohol-free, I can't go many places because all I think about is drinking and how much I miss it. I have to keep reminding myself of my lastest blunder a couple of weeks ago to keep myself from slipping.

I have found a new drink, pom/blueberry juice and seltzer water. And I am excited to start this new program today, a 12-week Intensive Outpatient program. But it's still very hard to be around just about anyone or go anywhere because of all these memories I have. How do I get these memories to go away?