View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 06:55 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Zencat
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Originally Posted by Threshold View Post
I'm a pantheist...the Universe is the Ultimate Reality. Nothing personal. It holds all the cards. I'm a function of it. Doesn't take much of a stretch of the mind to accept that.

High lighted by me
It's simple enough for even me to to have an understanding i.e. "as I understand Him". I equate; God = Good, as in my ability to change my thoughts/actions for the good of others and myself. I didn't change in the vacuum of active addiction until I understood how to practice recovery or as I say "practice healthy living skills".

Atheist (of the implicit variety), humanist, naturalist, pantheist, Zen or one of the multitude faithless, all fit nicely into my worldview. I recognize AA has many benefits in aiding one in their ability to remain sober. With a HP being Good, replace prayer with mantra and powerlessness with empowerment, yea I know I'm heavy with the editing scissors, I have worked the 12-Steps. AA, CBT, DBT...etc, Are recovery tools to me. I receive and give back.

I don't want to change AA, so in AA meetings I basically go with the flow. I understand the 12-Step concepts enough to talk about faith or faithlessness within AA respectfully. I'm fortunate enough to have like minded individuals in AA in life and way many more in FB groups.