Old 04-27-2013, 10:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
deeker

Originally Posted by 1924 View Post
my 22 year old daughter is in jail for a year for a hit and run. If she admitted what she did they would have gone easier on her but she refused. She was also drunk when the accident happened and she revealed to me she has a drinking problem. Something I was never able to see before. So I wonder, in jail you obviously won't have access to alcohol. Is one year away from it enough to be able to give it up? If so, then maybe a year in jail won't be a bad thing for her

Only if she wants to be done with it. Hopefully she will go to meetings in jail. I am on a commitee in AA that brings meetings into jail. The big test will be the day she comes out. If she is an alcoholic and drinks again, she could most likely be back on the road to destruction. Hopefully she will have learned from the consequences of this incident. At least she is safe for awhile, from herself.

I been in jail too. Only thing I didn't like was the jail mentality. When I was in there most of them could not wait to get out and go back to meth or crack or alcohol. I hope she finds a good friend in there but they come and go on a regular basis.

Encourage her to go to the AA meetings if you can and to read the AA Big book while in there. She will have lots of time to think.