View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 11:49 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
sideview

So, sadly, I fell back into old habits yesterday. Partly I think, because I stopped coming on here and reading people's stories and posting.
I've got to start again and I take solace in the fact that others have taken a wobble before and started again. I'm disappointed I let myself down.
I was doing really well, going to events and enjoying them without drinking.
But during the week, I think I started convincing myself that I'd just have a couple at a work event and that was it. Ended wandering home from a friends house in the early morning light. Today completely wasted with a hangover, my plan for a long cycle gone and left with guilt about some of the rubbish I was talking. Thankfully I wasn't in too bad a state and had the cop on to go home as my friend was on for continuing on.
I'm not making excuses though because I did drink and ended up drunk.
I guess it is a lesson that this battle will be a hard, ongoing one.

So today is a fresh start. Really I guess it will be tomorrow when the hangover will have eased. I'm going to log on here regularly, especially at weekends which are the big danger time for me. I've two weddings in the next two weeks so they will be a big test.
I hope I'll have the strength to go and enjoy these occasions without being tempted
to take the easy option and reach for a drink.