View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 08:50 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  
CeciliaV

Well, today is THE day. AH is getting out of rehab and is going to his sober living facility. I've got all sorts of mixed up feelings right now. It's hard to resist the urge to sit around, waiting for his call and making sure I'm here & available when he stops by the house to pick up some stuff. He's changed his plans/schedule for today at least twice already, and I know I can't just hang on his actions/decisions, so I'm doing the best I can to focus on me.

So far, so good. I got up about 6:30 & walked the dog (SO glad he let me sleep past 6!), trolled around SR for a bit, and then I made myself an uncharacteristically decadent breakfast - scrambled eggs, cinnamon toast, pancetta, OJ, and coffee. YUM! I totally could take a nap after eating that much in one sitting, but it was super yummy and I need the fuel and the calories.

Speaking of calories...did my follow up with the doc yesterday. She wanted to see me a couple weeks into taking zoloft and I needed to pick up referrals and copies of my blood test results. With all the excessive nomming I've been doing, I didn't gain a freaking ounce, RAWR! I weigh the same as I was the last time I was there a couple weeks ago. On the positive side, at least I didn't lose anything? Sigh. Anywho, all in all, doing well. Turns out they were able to run cholesterol tests after all, but forgot to tell me, which I found out when I looked at the copy of the blood work. Overall number is a bit high (249), but my "good" HDL cholesterol is high, so that's great news. Doc said no need to put me on drugs since I'm at low risk for heart disease and since the good cholesterol is high and can help "scrub out" the bad stuffs. I guess all this solo dog walking duty is doing me some good and has helped me get the HDLs up, hooray! The doc was pretty funny at one point - she said that she normally recommends cardio exercise for folks who need to bring their cholesterol numbers down, and while she didn't want to exactly recommend that I NOT exercise, she kinda did, lol! So I have to find some sort of balance between not burning too many calories so I don't lose more weight and keeping myself moving to keep my good cholesterol numbers up. More leisurely dog walks for me I guess, and some more high-calorie meals to try to beef up a bit and get back to a healthier weight.

Still trying to figure out what to do with the rest of my day today. I may hit a meeting, I dunno. I am feeling like I need some support and social interaction. I have a few chores to do as well - cleaning, sorting through mail, bills, etc. I'm going to get myself moving and just keep putting one foot in front of the other. As long as I keep going forward and doing what I want and what I need, I'm sure it will take me someplace I want to be.