Thread: Red red wine
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 01:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
MythOfSisyphus

Ah, red wine! That's the closest thing I have to a weakness. Over my drinking career I drank almost everything. I stared out on wine coolers and shnapps, progressed to beer and mixed drinks, then got older and became a beer snob, then dabbled in single malt scotches before becoming a full on wine drinker. I liked nearly all the varietals except the very sweet wines. But my favorites were the reds, particularly Cabs.

I don't really miss drinking to any great extent. Like most of the rest of you folks here, if I could get smashed with no consequences I would! But I can't, so I don't. Still, a whiff of a nice Cab still makes me salivate a bit. A few days ago my brother came over to help me do some work on my PC. I'm pretty tech savvy but I was having some issues beyond my expertise; my brother has a couple of tech degrees so he usually helps me with advanced stuff. I bought him a very nice bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon for helping me, and he had a glass when we were done. Oh, the heavenly aroma of that wine! No, I didn't drink any and didn't come close, but that's the first time in a long time I sort of let my senses linger over it!