View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 07:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Like2Hike

Sometimes, and increasingly so, to not drink feels normal. When I do think of it a reflexive resistance takes control. I know it's foolish to think my struggles against alcohol are over as my sobriety (began 2-January) is in the infancy stages. But I am starting to believe that living without drink is something I can do. The positive changes are undeniable.

This week some medical results came back with a clean bill of health. The more comprehensive blood tests will return in May. My energy is still way too low and my GP advised to not lose anymore weight. But she was very satisfied with my BP, resting heart rate and overall appearance. I'm lucky to have such a good GP.

Does anyone need MORE sleep since stopping? It's crazy but I went from 4-5 hrs per night to 7-8 hrs. The quality of sleep is far better sober.

Someday I want to post all the changes that came with sobriety. I apologize for rambling with this post. Like you, Liz, my struggles have been very private with SR and this thread my only source of sharing. Hope everyone has a great weekend! Keep on keeping on.