Thread: It's working!
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 04:38 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
shinebright7

Originally Posted by bluebelle View Post
Thanks formsharing your insight. Your husband's actions were creepy--I'd be scared having somebody hiding in my house. You sound like you have been able to detach which is good. It still creeps me out.
It absolutely was scary when I realized that I wasn't in the house alone. I was putting my things away on the counter and saw movement out of the corner of my eye as he peeked his head around the bedroom door at like 1:15 in the morning.

He wasn't intending to scare me, but I was definitely shaken by it and was also angry.

But in those hours that passed after that, and the hours we spent talking to each other the next day...that's when I saw him switch back and forth between being consumed by the beast and then having these glimmer moments of clarity.

I needed to see that firsthand -- and this was the first time I had really seen it.

The Beast vs. Child of God

So yeah, it was scary for sure, but it gave way to some understanding that has been super powerful in my recovery. And yes, the detachment with love part is really starting to jive for me. Thank, God!