View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 06:00 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Bubovski

Originally Posted by georgiagirl5 View Post
Hi Olivio, I was not on that dose when I started. I was on 10mg. I just built a huge tolerance over the years and the dose was just upped upped upped. I did not know what the heck to do. Luckily, I found the right doctor who is tapering me off both it and Klonopin correctly. But my sleep is SO messed up. At one point he (my doctor) added 45mg of Restoril and that still did not get me to sleep! Anyway it is what it is. I have a long road ahead of me to get to sleep without meds and I would HATE to see someone get hooked on sleep meds in opiate withdrawal and then have their sleep destroyed. Opiate withdrawal insomnia seems to pass at some point. My sleep is SO messed up again it is gonna take a long time to get it back to normal. I have not slept without a pill since I was 21. I was even on anti psychotics (Seroquel) at one point to get me to sleep and I am not bipolar or schizophrenic. And it basically took my whole personality away! So I just wanted to mention my story on this. It is SO tempting to take something to sleep especially in opiate W/D and then get hooked on that med to further destroy sleep!
My sister has taken sleep meds for decades and this helped create many other serious problems.
Some anti depressants are sleep inducing such as amitriptoline (better check spelling) but s/effs can be a problem. Its one of the old tri -cyclics.
Also some of the new ones are very sedating.
Check out with doctor; in saying that my sister's doctor used to deliver temazepam to the door and was later struck off the medical register following a host of complaints re dodgy prescriptions etc. There are doctors and "doctors" and sometimes it pays to get a second opinion.