View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 03:42 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
stiney

I have talked to the counselors at school two day sin a row now, and they are referring me to the school psychiatrist - getting all of this out in the open is helping a lot.
I just don't want to walk around on egg shells at home, his sobriety makes him so grumpy and cold, very sensitive to the tiniest little things. I told him that tomorrow night I'm going to a school function dinner, he was really upset that I didn't invite him. I tried to tell him that I was trying to take his advice - do more social things on my own without relying on him, it didn't seem to help.
I worry that he will never truly be able to recover without the help of professional therapy and prescription medication, but I don't know how to broach the subject again without risking his wrath (that actually made me smile a little while writing it, it sounds so ridiculous). He knows he needs to go, he's brought it up himself numerous times, but for some reason he just can't bring himself to actually walk through that office door - I guess it's fear holding him back. I know it's not my job to help him, take care of him, etc... but I wish there was something that would give him that extra jump of courage to follow through with it. I think it would help so much, I think it's the only thing that will make this sober episode become a real long term, permanent change for him.