Old 04-25-2013, 01:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Trubbled

Hi Paws

Hi congrats on your almost 90 days. Hang in, keep reading and stay strong. This might be a bit much but I find reading up on how people die from the effects of alcohol really strenghtens my resolve. The thought of some of those things happening to me is just too much.

I find myself more hungry when I don't drink. What I find helps with that is a good healthy high fibre diet. It takes a few days to really kick in so at first I just eat whenever I'm hungry knowing that its all good and healthy. I cook a lot so I make muffins and soups and one pot type meals with lots of veg in them. Even if you don't like to cook a pot of soup is pretty much just throw it all in the pot and simmer kind of thing. I use things like lentils, beans, peas, onions, carrots, celery, tomatoes, peppers and chicken broth in my soups and sometimes put chicken in it too if I really feel the need for some meat. Also high fibre cereals and granola bars. After a few days then my appetite seems to calm down as the high fibre food is very filling, also you can increase your calories/carbs a bit with high fibre as not all of it is fully digestable.

Just eat though, when you look at the calories contained in alcohol then look at all the calories you are not consuming now, and at least the food calories are benefitting you.