View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 06:39 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Louise82
Faith and reason

Originally Posted by arthur View Post
I'm greatful I'm 3 days sober today. I'm taking one hour at a time. I can't think past that and that's what works for me. My family is showing me lots of tough love really no support but I have to accept that was my doing. My mom won't show me any sympathy and doesn't want to help me. Not that I need her sympathy but it would be nice to have her support. My wife won't help me either. So it's up to me to get well. I want sobriety so badly. It's going to be a tough road ahead but I'm going to give it my best shot. Thanks to all of you for being here and listening. It's nice to know I'm not alone and have all of you out there.
Arthur, very well done on 2 days. My mum was so angry with me the last time I had a slip. She shouted at me for 1/2 an hour straight. I honestly thought that I'd really blown it this time, that she'd never forgive me.

I'm now 27 days back. Yesterday I saw her, showed her my 24 hour chip from AA and told her that, God willing, I'd be picking up my 1 month chip soon. She was so happy for me and gave me a big hug and kiss. I'm not getting sober for her but it made me feel good.

I will pray that your family forgives you, but they will anyway if you keep away from that first drink this time and stick to your excellent plan. Give it time. They'll forgive you because they love you. It's clear that they love you otherwise your drinking wouldn't affect them in this way.

Like my mum said to me almost a month ago, "If I didn't care about you, I wouldn't get so angry about your drinking. I'd say '**** her; let her do what she wants.'" Trust me; the fact that your family is still so affected by what you do is a good sign.