View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 07:20 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
DG0409

Today has been a bit of a struggle, so I thought more than ever I need to focus on what I'm thankful for a bit tonight:
  • 16 Days Alcohol free!! I am SUPER PROUD of myself.
  • My over-all health is improving. I have been working out a little, eating well, drinking water, sleeping decent hours, etc. I feel better. I think I must look better.
  • My emotions are WAY more stable. I've had my ups and downs, I've cried several times through this, etc. BUT it hasn't been the way out of control almost psychotic moods I had when drinking. And when I DO feel bad, I am much more able to let it go, or think it through if need be and then let it go. Plus I'm able to take care of myself and go for a walk or calm down in a rational manner.
  • My thoughts are clearing up. I can tell my brain is still healing because at times, I struggle with 'brain-fog' but I AM processing a lot more information and able to think more clearly about things. My ability to concentrate and remember things and learn new stuff has grown, too. I can even remember the name of somebody I met today.
  • I am starting to DEAL with the things in my life that need DEALT with, not DROWNING my stress in alcohol and putting stuff off more.
  • I had a nice walk this evening. I used to go for walks at night all the time, but it seems like it's been forever since I did much of that. It's nice to see the stars and moon and just walk around and relax after the day.
  • Even though it wasn't the best day, I never seriously considered drinking.
  • Even if it wasn't fun, I got stuff done that I needed to do and at least now, I don't have to worry about it anymore. It's nice to have that stuff done rather than worrying about needing to do it.