View Single Post
Old 12-13-2004, 07:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
gelfling
Searching and tripping

This sounds just like my nieces husband. He's had over 8 jobs in the last 2 years, with various excuses why he quit. He's never fired. Of course, they're always wrong and he's been screwed or used or some other crappy excuse. He tried telling us about a guy who let him go and then we saw a sign posted outside the place looking for help.

We think he's out and out lazy. Our niece has a good job and benefits. Also, MIL and FIL will do anything for their daughter, etc. So he knows that they'll pay the bills if need be.

Unfortunately, niece is a little on the slow side. She doesn't see what's happening. No one has said anything to her about him and that includes her brothers.

I think the nephew is a real screw off and he angers me. He knows we know about him and his laziness, but he just sits there and gloats because he knows we wouldn't say anything to niece. Makes me want to slap him silly. So we don't go around them anymore.

Is the real issue for you the fact he can't hold a job or because you're worried what the family/friends will think of you for putting up with him. Work one thing out at a time. Things will look clearer.

Kathy