Thread: Todd's Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 07:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ToddE1

Todd's Thread

Brief Intro:
I've have a little over a year sober time. I first tried quitting about six years ago. About half of that time has been sober. I don't use any particular program or method of recovery. I have used various online support during the past year or so. I wrote an extended version of my recovery in the “Stories of Recovery” section, if anyone is interested.

Why am I here:
As far as Sober Recovery, I'm not sure myself what I expected to find here or exactly what I am looking to get out of it. One reason though, is the recovery board I normally post on is small. That has it's advantages, but it also limits the amount and type of feedback I can expect. There is another reason to but it would be kind of hard to explain and I can't quite put my finger on it at the moment. I'll get back to that at some point, if I can get a better handle on it.

What is this thread for:
I have a couple things I would like to discuss. I figured I would throw them out there and see if anyone joins the conversation. Please feel free comment, expand or explain anything you see about anything I mention. Points, counter-points and thoughts far a field are all welcome. If something doesn't apply to you so much and you just want to say hi or whatever that's fine too. I'm pretty friendly, most of the time.

On a Personal Note:
I don't use Rational Recovery. If possible and you remember, try not to offer me any advice in RR jargon. I notice that a lot of people on this section probably do RR? At least it seems to get a lot of talk. I am fine with RR. I think it's great if it makes sense to you and you're successful with it. It's just not my thing.