Thread: Starting Over
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 02:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Spiritual sobriety was the answer to my alcoholism after my quitting drinking. My life changed when I myself changed, and these changes always originated from within myself. Drunk or sober, I could always create change, for better or worse respectively. After quitting, life very much became a responsibility to do the next right thing for me to create a life worth living. While drinking, I was absolutely refusing to accept responsibility for myself. Just the act of taking on real responsibility for myself opened all kinds of opportunities to really enjoy being me without alcohol.

Try to keep an open mind about what kind of a life you honestly want for yourself, and then go ahead and make it work for you as best as you can. Besides returning to drinking, don't worry about making some other mistakes or whatever about discovering how to become all that you can be as you move forward. You have six months already accomplished. That is an awesome start! Make it work for YOU!

Early sobriety is an exciting time! So much more of life can be re-worked and re-defined and re-discovered after quitting drinking. The only limits are the ones we impose upon ourselves is what I have learned by experience.