View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 07:13 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  
Mallard666

Originally Posted by fruitymarzipan View Post
Hi everyone, day 18 and I made it through work last night with out caving in and without any problems. Thankyou duffster, mallard666 and everyone for the words of encouragement. It wasnt as bad as i Expected. I made the big step of actually calling the local NA helpline yesterday afternoon before work. I had written it down ages ago but avoided calling it thinking I would handle this between me my Dr and therapist. Well to cut a long story short a woman called me back (i left a message on an answerphone) who chairs one of the local meetings. She also has a 3 year old and we chatted and iv agreed to go to a meeting next week with her. I think this helped me get through the shift (and all the support here of course).
So been to bed and slept all morning after my night shift its now 2pm and im going to head out in the sunshine for a run. Im on a 12 hr day shift tomorrow so will just chill out the rest of today. Its going to be a shock to my body going back to working all these long hours without pills to push me through. I feel fresher and happier though. So heres to day 18 woohoo!!
So glad to here keep it up