View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 06:00 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  
Really4Real
ANewBeginning

Wow... thread got a little busy lately...how cool is that!

IWW... giving myself 'permission' to drink on occasion would never work for me. I would make up occasions daily... actually every day would be an occasion
I agree dealing with the emotional and mental issues suck, but it's gotta be done sometime. We've stopped hiding behind the bottle. So, time to get it through the bs and get on with our lives. There's things we can be doing to help others get through their addictions and bs. Because we've been there, done that, and overcome.

Graz... yep, for real... this is life. With it's bad times and good times.

Sorry your sick, SBB.. praying health your way.

F13... You're wonderful - start believing that. You don't need to hurt yourself - I did when I was angry... but a song came on and said 'tonight the night' and then I heard a sermon that talked about being strong and courageous and gave my knife to a friend and said I don't need this anymore. Not that the anger went away, but I'm learning to deal with that... the rage.... it's only there covering up pain... that needs to come out. Talk with someone and get it out.

Me, I'm doing life sober and still trying to stay away from the benzo's as much as possible without going hyper-spaz on everyone. Finding AA to be a help - finally found a Big Book study I like and have a lot of support at a new church I'm going to. It's inner-city and lots of people formerly addicted to something or other. They have a meeting on Fri nights. All's good. Still dealing with some stuff, but some stuff is behind me.

How you doing FF?