View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 04:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
shauninspain

Welcome to SR, you'll definitely find a great many people here who will identify with you. And you with them. You're in the fantastic position of knowing the damage/pain that alcohol is causing you, and want to put a stop to it. You said that the doctor diagnosed you with having anxiety and depression, and that you are on medication. Have you considered trying to discover why you have these problems? You may not need to be on medication long term.

I know that my drinking was the result of an inability to emotionally 'cope' with life. I preferred to inhabit that fuzzy warm place where alcohol took me. Where I could be a child again, devoid of all responsibility. Then it stopped being fuzzy and warm, but I kept on drinking, ever trying to relive those soporific feelings. Therefore my life depends upon learning how to live soberly, and cope with the difficult days like a sober adult.

Keep posting and reading here. Plus it would do you no harm to investigate AA. I went for 10 years and found it to be very useful.