View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 03:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Lovelivelaugh

Thank you! I will tell some of my story. In my late teens/early 20s I was definitely a party girl and was out all the time, would get inebriated but so was the group of friends I was with. We were in college and having a ball! I can't remember when I started drinking at home but from age 22-26 I drank a lot in my bedroom in my parents house where I lived. I can still remember the drive to work every morning absolutely dying and swearing never again.. But then on way home would go to the gym, then go buy a bottle or 2 of wine and drink til I was sick and so it went on for a long time.

I did the weekly drive to the bottle bank with a boot full of empties. One day u came home from work and my mum was really upset as she found my empties hidden in my room, and she did a mini intervention. I think I stopped drinking alone then, but still drank to excess any other chance I could. I moved to Australia when u was 26. I got a great job that I still have and have worked hard to have the life I have. I would always be the one falling around drunk at work functions or nights out, or doing something silly. The drunken guilties the next morning are a plague for me!
The last two years have been difficult for me for a few reasons and did some counseling sessions and eventually was diagnosed with anxiety and I know I've had bouts of depression. I went on medication a few months ago and was determined to get my drinking under control.. Which I just have seriously struggled to. I'd say I can count on one hand how many days in the last 18 months I have not had at least a bottle of wine. On days I don't drink my colleagues say "wow you look great today" which makes me cringe about how I must look most of the time!
I try hard to be a good person but it's taking over my life. I spend my week days hungover trying to get thru the day and my weekends lying on the couch either drinking or swearing off drink. It's tormenting!

Thank you listening and hopefully not too much of a rant! I'm encouraged everyday from reading here and know it is a good place for me to start )