View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 10:34 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
nimeton

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi nimeton

don't worry about how much you dank, or not...to me alcoholism is not about how much or how often, it's about what happens to us when we do.

I loved drinking too - I really loved it from the first glass - it was more than something I did...it was my way of life.

Unfortunately I grew to hate it, it began to consume me, and by then I couldn't stop.

To move on from that I had to change a lot of things - much more than simply drinking.

Getting sober didn't make me happy - it just makes it a little easier for me to work out what I need to do to be happy.

What other things have you changed in your life since you got sober?
D
You said a lot in here that I agree with.

"Getting sober didn't make me happy - it just makes it a little easier for me to work out what I need to do to be happy."

I like this. I was amazed when I first quit how rather than being limited, I could get more done when I wasn't hungover almost every time I had a day off.

As for changes, I've been running a lot. I'm recovering from an injury, but I'm back to 4 miles a day. I want to get back to the 7 I was doing when I first quit. The strength and weight loss have been a big motivator. I've also bee trying to eat better.

Not much else besides that. I guess that's why I'm here.

PS What is AVRT?