View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 12:54 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  
fruitymarzipan

Hi Everyone, Checking in on Day 17, feeling pretty bl**dy good physically but hyper anxious!! Well Iv taken the giant step / leap and made the decision to go back to work. Im on a night shift tonight then I have a 12 hr day shift Monday and Tuesday then the rest of the week off. (We tend to do 3 x 12hr shifts weekly as RN's in the UK) Im still going to do my little part time 8 hour clinics with obgyn on Fridays too so its a massive step deciding to go back to my full time job. For the main reason for those classmates who dont know me because I will be in charge tonight and will carry the drug keys. Im 17 days now clean from opiate addiction (painkillers) this is going to be the absolute challenge of a lifetime not to go in the drug cupboard & pop a few pills to get me through the night. I feel quite hysterical and wonder if im doing the right thing, iv been on sick leave for 5 months so am also worried about silly things like I hope we dont get any major trauma or cardiac arrests tonight so I can ease back in gently. Im anxious, I just pray to God im doing the right thing, but we need the money till our house sells, I cannot afford to be on sick leave forever. Oh well what will be will be. On the up side it is a beautiful day so we are going to take our little 3 year old munchkin for a run and kick about with a ball on the beach later.

Ladybug2, Im glad all your bloodwork was OK, wishing you all the best for this weekend, your doing fab. Interesting what you and Goat say about the alcohol giving you the energy, alcohol used to have the oppositec effect on me, it made me useless and lethargic, I didnt like being drunk at all. Now pills was another matter, imparticular Tramadol Im like a woman possessed, I could remodel the house LOL, You know the movie Theres Something About Mary where Magda goes crazy and is vacuuming (hoovering) lifting up the couch etc...thats me on pills ...except I look more like Cameron Diaz than old Magda LOL!!!!!!

Mustlovecoffee, how are you, doing fab too, we r all hanging in there! NETBALL is a game similar to Basketball but it is much more stringent/strict. Players have specific positions (eg. goal attack, goal defence, wing attack, center, etc) only specific positions can shoot at the net / and defend it, you cant go past certain lines on the court depending on your position etc. Its really a girls / womans sport too. Personally I find it boring!! She also does Rounders Club too which I believe is very similar to your Baseball.

Welcome to all new people, have a sober Saturday & pray for me in that bl**dy hospital tonight!
xx