Thread: Stuck in Yuck
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 07:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Terrispots
Co-dependant Control Freak

Stuck in Yuck

ASis is drunk. Right now. Drinking, Drunk.

DH told her 3 days ago, you cannot get falling down drunk in this house.

So she isnt falling down yet, but certainly on her way there.

I am currently hiding in my room so I dont have to be around it. Hiding in my room in MY OWN HOUSE.

I told DH, he now says he has a hard time kicking out someone who doesnt have a job. He said of course he doesnt want her to be drunk, but if she is in her room not bothering us he doesnt care. Though, she is not in her room. He is really laid back, and now I am wondering if he will actually take a hard stand on this with her. I think DH's opinion may be, she is not actually hurting anyone, being belligerent, mean, violent, etc. so what's the big deal. So then why does my stomach turn into knots and I go into a panic over it? I wonder if I am being completely irrational?

So, at the moment I am feeling like again, noone else is going to protect me. I am the only one who will. But I guess part of this whole recovery thing is learning that that is exactly the point, and I HAVE to be the one to protect myself.

I have never ever said anything to her myself about her drinking. This is not going to go well. Of course it will do me no good to confront her now, as she is drunk.