View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 05:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Goose1

I can not help to wonder...

Here I am, age 54 and 62 days Sober. At times my mind races in thought. If only I would have got this Sober thing when I was younger. Oh...how many have tried. Family and the USMC even sent me off for 6 week rehab stint that didn't stick. I often wonder the physical and mental toll the booze must have taken over the years. In recent days I seem to be motivated then I'm not, irritated then calm. Like today, a Friday of all days. A day that use to mean a pre-meditated drunk strike. I feel on edge with needles, didn't want to get up. I can not help to wonder if my past is so embedded in my soul that this is why I feel the way I do. Only and finally to convince myself to get up and go for a run. Now irritated by my puppy Boxer who seems anxious for attention. It seems to come and go these feelings. I often wonder if I only listened to what I was told earlier in life that my life could not help to be different today. Perhaps I would have more patience. A message to the youngers...who may realize they have a drinking problem...you are fortunate and blessed, you can do something about it today. "It" only gets progressively worse. I can not help to wonder does anyone else feel this way? And with hope today I go forward with God's promise that he will restore what the locust have stolen. Stay Sober my friends.