Old 04-18-2013, 01:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Chris1000101
Lot Of Love Out There, Man.

I can only share my own experience with it. As strange as it may sound I lived separated from others; school, college and work I wanted nothing to do with others. Then finding myself in a relationship, instead of wanting the other person to be a part of my life, I took her hostage. I had to have her and I did all I could to control the relationship (manipulation, passive aggressive, etc.).

Once I got brutally honest with myself and worked the steps then things came to light. One of the first things I had to learn was the difference between love and lust. Love is what can I give and lust is what can I get. While building my relationship with HP and becoming more honest about my character defects and shortcomings, I then began to understand wanting someone to be a part of my life and needing them.

With God, as I understand him/her, in my life I need no one. I am okay today being single. Yes, I have had brief moments that I miss having someone to share with and snuggle time but I know that if I continue to build my relationship with HP and do what is right, it will be worth it in the end. Everyday I am learning more about myself and I am content.