Old 04-17-2013, 06:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ladybug2

Question Sleeping advice after quitting nightly wine habit?

Hi all, I joined this forum earlier in the month and am on Day 11. It has helped me so much. I recently told my mom about my desire to quit drinking and I think it scared her because she also now wants to quit her evening wine habit. She does not drink nearly as much as I did, but she has been drinking wine every evening, after work, for the past 15 years or so (she is 65 now). She began this habit shortly after my parents got divorced and she still lives alone so I think it is habit due to loneliness and boredom? She probably drank 3-4 glasses each night and is on Day 3 of nothing and feels great, but she is having problems sleeping. She self-medicated at night for so long it's not surprising, right? I drank much more than this, but not every night, and my sleep has improved grestly since I quit. Did anyone else experience insomnia right after quitting and what advice can I give her to help? I am worried she will go back to her habit just so she can sleep. She is worried about being so exhausted at work.