View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 06:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
IWillWin

It is a miracle, really, but sobriety has made me somewhat fearless. I used to worry about job security, financial stability, fragile relationships, you name it I worked hard to conquer it because I was scared of what would happen if my idea of perfect fell apart. Well, my "perfect" did fall apart, mostly due to my increased drinking, and after I crawled my way to sobriety, and found success, did I start to lose my fear.

I've gained much strength in sobriety - and most of that from the people here at SR - and I no longer fear what will happen in every scenario imaginable. I know now that getting sober was the scariest thing ever, and I've been successful at it for a good almost 8 months, and everything else now seems light in comparison.

I love Dee's signature - something to the effect of it will all be ok. And if its not it is not the end. I truly understand that now and if life gives me lemons (which it has, a LOT since I got sober - natural disaster, death of my father, very turbulent times at my place of work) I look forward to the lemonade I will drink when it passes.

I feel blessed and free - and I know for certain you will too!!!