Old 04-16-2013, 11:46 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Garden Girl

Originally Posted by magnum102 View Post
Going to stop drinking for at least a month maybe longer. 25-29 been functional alcoholic drinking pretty much every night. I look bad now looking in pics, not only fat, red bloated face (sober, probably more red when drunk), my hair line going back a little big more also like 40 pounds heavier than i should be.

Did you notice much changing in your appearance after stopping?

I want to look like i did years ago. I look at my friends facebook pics and they all look just about the same as high school.......... this depresses me and almost makes me want to drink.......

will stopping reverse some of this damage or have i done too much harm to myself?
I post pictures of myself every few months to keep myself motivated, to see the difference not drinking makes, and because I am a visual person, I need to see things side by side sometimes. I also want to add on that alcohol is a depressant, when I am depressed I forget to take care of my basic needs: showering, brushing my teeth, eating properly (or sometimes it would just be coffee and booze), holing myself inside and drinking instead of getting out and interacting with others. I guess to answer your question, it hasn't happened overnight for me. I am getting further away from a depressive state of mind, and I am learning to love myself a little more everyday, with that comes those basic needs taken care of and healthier choices... But be aware of the Ben and Jerry's monster and its evil side kick: evil artisan cupcake queen... They will most definitely contribute to muffin top