View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 03:12 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  
Duffster

Hey runners in our group wear any race shirts you have in honor of Boston today. I was never fast enough to qualify for Boston before but I have a new goal now. A sober goal. A while back my friend asked me to run Chicago with her in the fall - she's hoping to use it to qualify for Boston. I told her no way as my marathon days are long over but I was going to fly out and party with her. New plan - am registering and am going to run my ass off over the next few months to qualify for Boston next year. An 8 year old boy is dead, his mom is having brain surgery and his little sister lost her leg - they were waiting for their dad to cross the finish line and cheering him on - imagine how proud they were of him.

So it's not much but it's all I've got. Will not let any cowardly terrorists keep us down that's for damn sure.

2 days ago I failed. Today I have a new goal and a new purpose. Boston is a reminder not to take this beautiful gift of life for granted - so up an hour early today and lacing up my running shoes.

Now thoughts go to London for a safe race and a safe weekend.