View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 09:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
miyako

Tax Headache and I Want to DRINK

I'm just about over it now and anyways it is snowy and icy out there, but I just want to get it off my chest.

I owe 3400$ this year. I knew this would happen. I quit my job in December of 2011 and pulled a bunch of money out of my 401K in order to live. I didn't withhold enough to cover all the taxes and I knew I wasn't. I did my 2012 taxes online but then held them and didn't file because I didn't want to have to pay that money until the very last minute.

In the MEANTIME some a--wipe somehow got ahold of my SSN and falsely filed in my name. He thinks he's getting a big refund, does he/she? Well, I called the IRS and they told me I'd have to file an affidavit along with proof of identity with my tax return. They neglected to mention that I could NOT e-file because my tax return wouldn't be accepted due to the duplication. So tonight I finalized my return and *voila!* my tax return won't go through.

I ended up paying the money I know I owe the IRS using one of their online services. And I'll have to file tomorrow or the next day with the affidavit. I hope to hell that I don't have to pay penalties.

I'm feeling stressed and sorry for myself and a fifth of vodka from that liquor store right across the street would be NICE. AAAHHHHHHH~!!!! just saying