View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 12:39 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  
Mrbeagle

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
Ben, if you are waiting for Newcastle success before you quit drinking sweetheart,......... Erm speechless!!!

Not for long tho! Sort yourself out young lad, you have made a start, now get with the programme!
Seriously Ben, you know alcohol is a problem so no, it was not a good idea to drink after the game. There will be lots of time you need comfort, there will be times you want to celebrate. You say you don't have years of alcohol abuse as if you have something to apologise for. you are so with it to recognise so early on that you have a problem and so brave to admit it and want to deal with it. Man alive! It took me decades and a life put on hold.
Get your meds sorted out, get your dissertation under way and get whatever help you need to stay focussed and stay sober. Does your doctor know about your drinking? If not, tomorrow is the perfect time to approach it and get what help he can give. Make sure he takes you seriously.
Be strong wee man, you are one of us, and we will be here, if you are ready.
Thanks toots, you have a fantastic way with words as always. Shall unleash myself like a mackem in Greggs in that doctors office tomorrow. They know all about it yes, but i'm gonna ask to get some more counselling cause it really helped last time

The last time Newcastle won a trophy, a man named Neil was prancing about in a daft suit on the moon!