View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 11:09 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Panache

Originally Posted by Geek033113 View Post
I mean no harm but until a recent post, I felt totally at home here. I felt kindred spirits and hope for an openness toward what I have been going through. Please understand, I do not mean to be confrontational and the last thing I want to be doing is suffering the indignation of being cussed in a room where I reach out to others for help, laughter, and even tears.

As an alcoholic, I have come here for help after going through some really low lows and coping inappropriately for years. Living in a happy-go-lucky world or a bitter-frustrated one is not beneficial for me or anyone around me. Neither of those perspectives are real, fulfilling or healthy.

I'm new to recovery and I have my ups and downs. I would hope that I could come here and say whatever I chose to say (whether self-absorbed or fun-loving) and there would be people here to support me without cuss words and lack of consideration for my feelings. If that's not the case, then it's really sad. That would mean I'd have to keep things bottled up all over again and keeping things bottled up will take me back to opening up another bottle.

I understand anger, frustration, and hatred because of circumstances that one has created for themselves but to take it out on others is hurtful. Those feelings need to be coped with to help with one's own recovery.

I am a bald, middle-aged woman, in a job that is at times impossible, with a husband who almost never understands what I am going through. Sometimes, I need to let out those emotions so that I can keep from going back to my old ways...which aren't very old...16 days to be exact.

I apologize if this offends anyone!
Geek you carry on purging your feelings on this thread as much as you like. It is a group discussion, so what may work for some won't work for others and I'm sure none of us are ignorant enough to dismiss that. We are all wired differently.

If one thing SR has taught me, is that everyone's opinion is valued, respected and ought to be heard. The fact that no one gets left behind is sheer testimony to this.

So whether you're angry, hitting a low point or in the highs of euphoria, be confident in posting it on here as there will always be someone in the same situation. That's what happens when you have such an eclectic mix of individually wonderful people.