View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 09:31 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Duffster

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
Duffster, we do have to make changes in our lives, as mentioned before, if we are to maintain our sobriety. You were caught unawares, it happens. You do not have to leave us, but I would recommend checking in on the April thread as well, as you may learn more ways of making sure it won't happen again. Are you truly ready yet to accept life without alcohol?
We all have to be if we are to succeed.
Yes!!! I am ready to accept life without alcohol. That's why I was so taken by surprise. I had totally embraced Dee's take it off the table option and I was so focused on doing my best for myself and my boys and then...bam. I know my trigger and it's social situations. I am shy by nature and have to watch out for turning to booze for that social courage. It's been this way since I was a teen -- time to break the cycle.

I know we don't need labels here but I feel like I have to say it: I am an alcoholic.

North, good for you to resist the wine!! I would have struggled so much in that situation. I wish I could read some of your work but I don't want to break your anonymity.