View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 07:20 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  
Nattythreads
Every Mother's Worst Nightmare

Morning all

Snaggle - that is what I call a worthwhile contribution. Very moving.

This is just my personal take but I'm going to echo what Toots said and perhaps be even more forceful about it.

This forum is about support - it's about supporting each other through what can be a difficult transition when we make the decision to ditch substances that we use, if we're honest, for no other purpose apart form self-medication and escape. Escape from our responsibilities to ourselves and to others.

This place is not set-up to be a one-way pity fest. Too often there are people around this forum that treat it as such. They don't give anything back, they just come on and pour out endless streams of self-absorbed "woe is me."

I don't want to read that sh!t, to be honest. I want to come on to a place where I get the feeling that the more introspective contributions are backed by a sincere commitment to put whatever your poison is down. And to tell us all what you are doing to ensure that is the case and what is working for you. If you have that desire, then I think every one of us will recognize that in you and do all we can to get you over any difficulties you encounter. If not, you'll excuse us if we get a little tired at your apparent unwillingness to do all that this takes.

Just NT's thoughts for a Monday morning. Go battle the demons, folks. Man the ramparts and defend your personal fiefdom as if your very life depends on it - which for many of us, it does.

Love and all

NT