View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 10:42 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
HelterSkelter67

Originally Posted by bravenewworld07 View Post
I've only just joined a few minutes ago. I've been reading threads for hours though. I am an alcoholic. I'm finally admitting it so I can get some help. I have ruined plenty of things in my life and I have so much available to me. I feel like I might be running out of chances.

I'm 40 years of age and my health is starting to be affected. I tell you my friend the time between your 20s and your 40s flies by. I hear in your language that you have a real concern and you're asking us what we think. What do you really think? Like really?
to be honest, i don't feel it is a problem. i understand that lately i have been drinking too much, but i don't drink this often normally. which is why i have turned to this place.

Originally Posted by Dib42 View Post
I can't tell you what works for you and what doesn't. Just what I do and what others I know do. All I can say is that you're having the same thoughts and doing the same things I did. I ended up an alcoholic, you might not be one... there is no telling..... but you're here for a reason.
it makes me thing that i may not be thinking properly, seeing that so many people have gone down the same path as me thinking the same as me.

Originally Posted by Dib42 View Post
I used say my goal was to control my drinking, because I fealt it was a defeat to quit all together. I didn't want to be the guy hanging out with all my friends that chooses not to drink... but I didn't want to be the guy that gets plastard and tells there friends how they should live they're life and their mother's are whores... I was the latter more frequently than the former.
what would you say your goal is now?