Thread: Back
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 07:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
bellavita18

Back

I'm back... After almost a year... I'm back. I'm ready to make it work this time.

I'm a 24 year old graduate student. In school for counseling (ironic, huh?) After two DUI convictions, a crashed vehicle (my father's), several drunken blunders, too much money spent, relationships ruined, grades declined. I'm done.

Sometimes I feel like it's too late. I'm in too far, too deep. ****** it up too bad to turn it around. But lately I've been feeling this crazy motivation. This weekend was the first weekend I didn't go out and get bombed in months (aside from weekends I was sick). I cannot believe how good I feel. How much I accomplished. I know that I can do this.

What I realized today and could finally admit to myself, is that I need someone to hold me accountable. I need someone to answer to. To keep me in check. To make sure I keep my **** together. I get so distracted, so easily. Always wanting to live in the moment, to have fun (and how many times is it ACTUALLY fun..?) I want to make a change. I want to be successful, I want to make money, I want to LIVE... I already ****** it up bad enough. If I was someone else looking at me, I'd say to myself, it took you THIS long?

So please, any tips, advice will help. I'm ready to do this, to put all my energy into work and not look back.. not feel guilty, not fall back in that slump