View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 07:43 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  
Carlotta
Behold the power of NO

Originally Posted by dorothyparker View Post
Hello everyone,

It was my birthday Saturday and it was the first time ever since I'm 17 that I didn't drink on my B/D. It was also one of my best birthday, except that today, I've been unbearably sad but I have always had the SUnday blues, I just drank to drown them before. A lot of people have been saying I didn't have that much of a problem but they weren't with me when I drank my bottle of wine alone every day the last 6 months before I stopped.

DP
Happy Birthday Dorothy and I can relate with you on the Sunday Blues (I don't have them anymore since I started working on Sundays) and the craving for sugar. I was never that
much into sweets but since I quit drinking, I NEED a bar of chocolate before going to bed LOL. I can also relate to you about people not knowing/realizing what a problem I had since I drank alcoholically alone. Most people don't know I am an alcoholic and that I am in recovery and if they were told, they d never believe it. I am the friend who will have one, two drinks at most at a party...if only they knew that once alone I would go through a six pack of 16oz 211 beer (not a classy drink either, more like skid row kinda beer LOL). Which reminds me of what Reeny posted earlier:"I'm the kind of person who - if he can't have too much of something - doesn't want any of it." That's sooo me LOL.