View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 09:45 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
lizatola

Well, my AH responded to the email. He made the assumption that when I said I was disappointed 'it' didn't work out that I meant the marriage, not the counseling. He asked me if I told our son and he said he's not in a position to try to change my mind if I chose a new path for happiness. I almost opened up my email and typed: What on earth are you talking about?, but I refrained.

I clarified that I was disappointed in the counseling being unsuccessful. I told him that the only plans I have right now is to be in God's will and that I had felt convicted in my heart to express my feelings and that maybe my approach was wrong. I told him that now we just can't hide in the marriage counseling sessions when we want to address something, we're on our own and that's why I wanted to see if the email was a satisfactory tool for communication.

Obviously, it was not. I went back and read my words and nowhere did I mention divorce, separation, time apart, kicking him out, etc. All I said was that I was angry that the counseling didn't work out. He made his own assumption. Now, the question is: did I get caught in a trap of defending myself? Were my intentions good and in my HP's plan for us? Soooo confused these days.