View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 12:14 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  
NapsteR1

Hi All, went to the pub with the work lot after close of play Friday, drank 3 tonic waters and stayed long enough to say farewell to the early leavers as they left and watch the boozers start to get stuck into it. I've been out with the work lots 6 or 7 times since early Dec and as far as they're concerned (the Big Slip was a domestic affair) I've not drank since then so it's interesting that the **** taking has now stopped and they accept my order for an OJ and lemonade or a tonic water without questioning my sexuality! Interestingly enough the one guy who used to take the **** the hardest was getting stuck into his 4th pint as I left, just over an hour after we got there and I know he’s got an hour long train ride home and then a half hour drive from the station to his house….

Drove back from London and took Mrs N out for a meal, she works in the cathedral and therefore has a parking permit for the grounds (smack in the city centre) and suggested that we park there. We went for a meal and walked back to the car at about 11:00 to find the cathedral grounds locked for the night.. Doh.. which then saw us both stone cold sober queuing up at the taxi rank surrounded by drunk people (it's amazing how seeing drunk people when you're sober really makes you not want to go there!).

Spent today packing after picking the girls up from my Dads, he's spent the last few days drilling them for details of our private life so I'm expecting a call mid next week when he starts telling me that we're both generally irresponsible and have too many motorcycles and generally the wrong priorities and we should sort our acts out and grow up (coming from Mr 2 bottles of wine and a goodly measure of gin a day).

The thought of the call next week started the anxiety up and it's exactly the sort to wake the beast up who gets Mr AV started with "you know a half jack of vodka would swiftly sort out your jangling nerves and restore some "serenity" don't you!!"

I'm taking a bike out that's overdue an oil change tomorrow and my unofficial sponsor offered to pick me up an oil filter up and give it to me tomorrow. About 17:30 I upped and said to Mrs N - (after complaining about the nerves and mentioning drink) "I'm going to pick an oil filter up from M's, can I have that £10 that was left over from the taxi last night" she hands it over and I can see the look on her face of - yeah right, 2 guesses where you're headed.

Got to M's, had a cup of tea and a ciggie, calmed down alot and left. Got a few miles down the road and realised I'd forgotten to pay him for the filter! He’s coming on the ride out tomorrow so I'll buy him breakfast.

Got home and now have a pleasantly surprised Mrs N :o)

Have a great day tomorrow everyone :o)